Any car, however gently it didn't move, over time, the defects in paintwork. Mostly small scuffs and scratches. To body shone again, can be dyed, but it will be very expensive. It is much better to cover the car Polish, fortunately now there are a huge number.
The main drawback of such tools is that the protection of the body remains relatively short period of time. To make life easier for drivers in Japan have created a structure — the so-called liquid glass, which is able to save the brilliance for 3 years, but in the Russian reality, this polishing body retains in its original form not more than 1 year.
What is liquid glass
It's chemical composition, which is based on silicon dioxide. After application on the car body forms a protective layer that protects the paintwork from dust, dirt and various mechanical damage.
Speaking in plain language, this drug is actually glass, as such, is not, to name just describes the resulting effect of using. The car just starts to Shine, as if she poured this glass. Despite the fact that the Polish is transparent, it is divided into two types: for dark and light cars.
The first stage of polishes is surface preparation. Of how well you prepare will depend on the final result.
- Preparation of a kit. Usually, the tool comes with following equipment: polisher, polishing towel, sponge, gloves, hardener. It should be noted that the hardener is present only in the two-component compositions. Each component is very important and if not included, you should buy from a retailer.
- Preparation of the body. First of all need a good wash and dry the car and then degrease the surface. If this is not done, the service life of polishing can be reduced in several times.
- The choice of location. It is not necessary to apply the composition on the street. Dust and dirt will quickly settle on the surface and can significantly spoil the appearance of the car. Yes, and ultraviolet rays are not the best way affect the result. It is best for this purpose, suitable garage, it is dry and warm, and this is an important factor for high quality processing of auto liquid glass.
- Before you apply the composition to the product, you need to try as it interacts with a small area of the body. If poorly applied, check whether you have dissolved the wax, as well as how well the car body is washed of dirt.
- To handle the car should be fast, to avoid drying polishes.
- Processing is necessary to carry out circular movements with a special microfiber cloth, this method is used when there is no polishing machine.
- Keep the surface clean.
- After the treatment it is necessary to let the car dry for 3-6 hours.
It should be remembered that curing of the composition occurs only in 2 weeks, and during this time it is not recommended to wash your car at a car wash or by hand.
The benefits of using
- Low cost. In comparison with analogues, coating machine liquid glass will be much cheaper, which allows to apply the protective layer even on budget cars.
- The chemical resistance. The application of this Polish will help protect the body not only from mechanical and chemical influences.
- Resistance to moisture and dirt. When covering a car with liquid glass you will be less likely to visit a car wash as dirt will not stick on the surface of your car.
- Protection from scratches. The paintwork of your car will be under reliable protection in all conditions, whether it's a trip into the countryside or around town.
- The color saturation. Coating liquid glass gives the car a bright saturated color and protects the paint from fading in the sun.
- The quick recovery. If any part of the body has faded or been damaged, then it can be restored very quickly, and with minimal costs.
- A long service life. Can keep its protective properties for 12 months. After this period only need to update the layer the polishes.
As with other polishes, this tool has its drawbacks, among which are such as:
- application of the drug sometimes requires a special tool — grinding machines, which is not always convenient;
- the cover itself takes much less time than painting, but it is much longer it dries;
- the inability to work at subzero temperatures.
But despite the shortcomings, to date, liquid glass is the best Polish that provides a high level of protection of the body against external influences.